60GXP

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
What's everyones opinion of the IBM 60GXP? I have two that I would like to use, but I don't want to be replacing them in 6 months.

Thanks,

Bozo :D

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I sold a single 60GXP last year (in Spring) and so far, it hasn't come back. Hard to make an opinion on a single unit though. However, I sold several (in the two digits, not hundreds) of 120GXP and none of them had problem either.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Tea said:
Mind you, we have not had a single 60GXP fail.

Neither have we, but we haven't had any come through the shop either. Same goes for the 75GXP and 120GXP families. Now, the 180GXP I've sold a couple of, and they've good so far.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
The SR database doesn't seem to be much help unless I'm missing something. How do you decipher the numbers?

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Bozo said:
The SR database doesn't seem to be much help unless I'm missing something. How do you decipher the numbers?

Let's see, SR database . . . you take the numbers given to you, find the coordinates that relate to it in the Zodiac. If you line up with Canis Major, then you flip to the third Tarot card, if it symoblizes and corresponds with the alignment of Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus, the the drive is a no-go. If your original coordinates line up with Canis Minor, then you flip the seventh Tarot card. If it is the weeping joker, then roll your set of dice. If you get seven or eleven, then buy drive quickly at HypedupMicro. After this point the instructions get blurry, it may have been the fourth Glenmorangie and all that gazing into the sky stuff. Oh yeah, one side note, if it is a Jubilee year, then 60GXP drives are safe to buy because they've been released from slavery. :D

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Unless you hear the drives complaining! They will not die an early death, but don't expect the drives to rest much until the last of that generation dies off. Expect exessive seeking.