90 minutes on hold

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Newegg.com.

93 minutes on hold so far. With a rep from my credit card company. Can't go to lunch. Can't go to the bathroom. Wanna kill someone.

Thank you.

ddrueding

Fixture
So you and the rep from your credit card company are both on hold for over 90 minutes? Ouch. Newegg is definatly the Fry's of the internet. Good selection, good prices, no service. Best of luck finding a company that offers all three for an extended period of time.

Mercutio

Yeah. Never got anyone. After two hours my MBNA CSR's shift ended. MBNA upped my credit limit so I could just run the order again. If Newegg doesn't manage to overnight this I am declaring fatwa on all of La Puenta, California.

Thing is, I've called Newegg before and gotten a human being on the second ring.

We dug up their administrative office numbers. Called those, we were on hold the whole time there, too.

My CSR dug up the BBB contact person's phone number, called that.
And then found got what we think is his home number and called THAT.

Whole story: I had to make a large order from newegg. Like $10k large. All my "regular" credit cards have limits that are substantially lower than that (on purpose), but MBNA just gave me a shiny new gold card which can handle that amount.
I tried using it, and it turns out they had a typo in my address, so they declined my card.

... and newegg never bothered to tell me that. So I found out the order was cancelled this morning, so I ordered it again, with Next Day Rush shipping.

Now the stuff I need is time-critical. I need it TOMORROW (and, as far as things go, I can't find anyplace else that stocks all the stuff I want, for anything near the same price). And I wanted to just have someone re-run my card.

But I can't. Because there is no one to tell.

So now I have two orders on my brand new card that total something like $23k, and the bank is telling me not to cancel my first order because, in the four hours between those two orders, the pricing on the parts went up a total of almost $600, and I should dispute that.

Fucking around with this is all I've done all day.

ddrueding

Fixture
Newegg is certainly spotty. I contacted them 2 days ago about a typo in the shipping address of an order and was handled within 10 minutes. I just tried calling today (I'm at a desk with a speakerphone handy) and got through in 45 minutes. Crazy.

Mercutio

And, even though I paid for overnight shipping and "Rush Order" same-day processing... and met their criteria for those functions (order in by noon PST, CC validation by 12:30), I see my order is still sitting at "Stage One" in processing, which they say means that my card hasn't been charged yet.

Which is a lie, 'cause the CSR from my bank sat and watched the charge transaction from Newegg run through their system.

I am either going to be very happy tomorrow or ready to kill someone.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
A similar thing happenned to me a few weeks ago. Newegg aparently had my old address on file and I was not prompted to enter my billing address when I entered my credit card number. My order sat for several days until I noticed it wasn't going through.

However, in my case I was able to get ahold of a live body reletively easily and correct the issue.

On my last instance where I needed support I felt it was really spotty. One CSR knew the issue and was going to correct it, the next had no idea.. in the end I wasted a lot of time and never got what I ordered.