A Christmas wish.....

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
that everone involved with the design of the SATA connectors gets gang-green in their testicles.

Bozo :x

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Gangrene. I'm with you Bozo. Perhaps a gang-stompin instead :) I was petrified trying to remove a SATA connector for the first time today (be gentle, I'm a virgin).

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Well, you know how I feel after the SATA connector broke off in my WD740GD. :( I nevr returned teh POS for RMA. I'll throw it in the tarsh one of these days.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Heh, LunarMist: Ill pay shipping to take it off your hands!

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Er... Will, you do know that women do in fact HAVE genitals already, don't you? I mean, they aren't on the outside, so maybe you didn't notice but...

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
Mercutio said:
Er... Will, you do know that women do in fact HAVE genitals already, don't you? I mean, they aren't on the outside, so maybe you didn't notice but...

Yes, I know and thought of this immediately _after_ posting. But generally the word has the connotation of external sexual organs and I'm sure everybody knew what I meant. That is that they will grow a penis & testicles so that they too can be infected.

Also you probably were just poking fun but somehow I felt it needed to be explained so as not to seem like a complete doofus.

To make this post at least semi-valuable to the thread may I continue with:

that the person who invented automatic turn on/shut off of bathroom faucets be hung upside down by his genitalia.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Will Rickards said:
that the person who invented automatic turn on/shut off of bathroom faucets be hung upside down by his genitalia.

I actually really like those automatic taps ... when they are well designed and are not malfunctioning. Sadly, those requirements are only satisfied about 50% of the time, if even that.

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
I like the automatic paper dispensers. It is great that I don't have to touch it with wet hands.

I mostly like the automatic flush and don't even mind the flushing more than necessary that usually happens.

But the automatics taps drive me bonkers.
There are the ones activated by the closeness of an object, your hands. These never work properly and require your hands to be in just the right spot which is way too close to the sink itself.
And there are the ones at the office I'm at now which are the push down and the gradually push up and then turn off. Everyone knows you have to wet your hands before putting the soap on and lathering. So you turn it on once and wet your hands. By the time your down lathering you have to turn it on again with soapy hands. Then to adequately rinse you need two or three pushes, again with wet or soapy hands. And the little suckers remember that they've been toucher recently and rise faster subsequent times. Aaarrgghhh! Give me a faucet I can turn on and off thank you very much.

That reminds me of an incident at this office (a client). I went to the breakroom to get a soda and turned to find the coffee maker brewing and overflowing onto the counter and floor. So I use up all the available paper towels and clean it up but it is still going and won't shut off even after being unplugged. I eventually moved the coffee maker over the sink so it could overflow there. Then someone from maintenance came in and shut it off under the sink. Appliances should have easily seen and accesible on and off switches that work.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Will Rickards said:
And there are the ones at the office I'm at now which are the push down and the gradually push up and then turn off...

Oh, those automatic taps. Yes, I feel your pain. I hate those things too. They have to be the most moronically designed taps ever.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Have you ever used a shower that use those kind of taps? Now that is pure hell. Especially when the water is ice cold or scalding hot.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Heh. Will reminded me of something I was going to mention for a while. I must have been born to be in IT. Check the spelling though.

1. I work on Athllon Drive
2. The street next door is Annand Place
3. Unfortunately, my street is Duffus Place :(

Jimshady

What is this storage?
A fellow canberra boy. Howdy! The street next to me is osbourne drive. Am I destined for IT? :)

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Grow genitals? I've never tried doing that.

I've grown petunias and violets though. And some geraniums too. Do genitals like lots of water and being fertilised regularly, or are they better in a shady place, like the back corner of the block under the lemon tree?

PS: I hope genitals like this cold Ballarat weather better than my bananas did. I bought special advanced banana palms that were four feet tall and after a few monthes in the ground they are already up to two foot six.

sigh

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Tea said:
Grow genitals? I've never tried doing that.

I've grown petunias and violets though. And some geraniums too. Do genitals like lots of water and being fertilised regularly, or are they better in a shady place, like the back corner of the block under the lemon tree?

PS: I hope genitals like this cold Ballarat weather better than my bananas did. I bought special advanced banana palms that were four feet tall and after a few monthes in the ground they are already up to two foot six.

sigh

Tea, if you can grow two-foot-six genitals, I think you're going to be just fine. :mrgrn: