A good day at the office

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Time for celebration, so I thought I'd buy you people a drink.
Bartender, if you please!

Ok, now that everyone has their drink (alcohol or not, your call) and I have my Rum, I'll tell you the reason. This was the first day in my new job as a unix administrator. The company is very large, and seems like a place where one might have the opportunity to rise in rank and otherwise with time. Not possible in the last place I worked.
More importantly the people are totally different to the last place I worked in (all 2 months...). They all welcomed me, were actually interested about what I have done in the past and what I will be focusing on in this new job. All were in a pretty good mood. This was the total opposite of the last place and specially the boss there.
After asking about possibilities to go to training and learn more, I received a brochure a few minutes later with a list of possible courses, job related, and told to check out some that might interest me and would be suitable additions to my current knowledge and what I would do at work. Again, the total opposite to the last place.

All in all, a very nice first day. For the first time in a while, it's nice to go to work tomorrow!

Bartender, refill please! Cheers everyone!

I hope everyone will have a positive day tomorrow!

Drakantus

What is this storage?
Congrats, sounds like an awesome job. I should quit being some complacent and go look for a better job myself.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Congrats JoJo. I trust at your new company you will have many machines to 'stress test' the OS with a Folding Client or two.... :)

C

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Congratulations JoJo! :)

So ... are they still hiring?

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Thank you everyone! Another great day at work, and now I got my laptop (IBM T40 :) niiiiiice). And yes, the laptop deffinitely needs some testing with fah ;)

I hope everyone here will have a good day and a great weekend!