Adaptec/Seagate SAS Kit

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
One Adaptec 48300 PCI-X SAS bus adapter and two 36GB Seagate 15k.4 drives

This is the evaluation kit that Adaptec was selling earlier this year for $550, and I am done evaluating. I am posting this for the folks here first.

The card is fine, flashed to the latest firmware. The drives are both fine and pass all Seatools tests with no errors. The card is retail, with warranty; the drives are OEM.

Looking at:
$250 for the Adaptec card
$180 each for the Seagate drives or
$340 for both of the drives
$575 shipped for all (it'll come in two boxes)

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
For anyone interested in taking the whole kit, I'll toss in a 73GB Fujitsu MAV2073RC for no additional cost. I picked this up from a friend of mine who now understands that not all "serial" drives are ATA.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
That sweetens the pot a hell of a lot, that's a $700+ item according to pricewatch. How much of a warranty is left on that?

I would be all over this if that was a PCI-E adaptor for my fast computer, but the cost of those really put me off. Might be able to use that in my server that has a P4SCT motherboard, what are the chances that a Adaptec 48300 PCI-X and my 3ware 7500-8 will play nicely together?

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
I'd go for this, but you live on the left coast and I don't. That means shipping and customs will be a bear....

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I know, California seems like its own country but it's not quite there yet.

I am tempted to ask what you want for just the three disks. But don't, I really don't need to be spending money on computers now.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
The drive is a Sun OEM, so, sorry kids, no warranty.

The drive didn't cost me anything, so it's easy to throw it on top. If anyone here is seriously considering buying, please let me know, so that I don't waste my time posting this up elsewhere.