Adobe Buys Macromedia

Handruin

Administrator
Same here, I also thought it was a joke when I read it this morning.

Mmmmm Flash embeded in PDF files. I can't wait.

Onomatopoeic

Learning Storage Performance
Animations in PDF files became a reality with the release of the Adobe Atmosphere plug-in (among other capabilities, such as audio).

Of much more interest, tracking of PDF reading activity, via the WWWeb, is just around the corner -- as in every time a particular PDF file is *read* (not just downloaded) a little datagram is sent to the pre-programmed data collection host that the PDF document's creator specified in the PDF document. :evil:

MS has allegedly had a PDF competitor (reader and file format) in the works for awhile. It's likely some mutant form of Word that will run on every major OS. Who knows, it might even end up being an open sorcerer projekt! :eek:

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Actually I saw a site a few weeks ago that used flash to display zoomable copies of actual documents right on a web page. Very possibly the first thing I have ever seen done with Flash that I would not immediately call evil.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Onomatopoeic said:
Of much more interest, tracking of PDF reading activity, via the WWWeb, is just around the corner -- as in every time a particular PDF file is *read* (not just downloaded) a little datagram is sent to the pre-programmed data collection host that the PDF document's creator specified in the PDF document.

Just around the corner? This has been possible since PDF 1.4 (Acrobat 5).

Onomatopoeic

Learning Storage Performance

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
From that article, I gather that "Metro" is Microsoft speak for "XML" which is something that's already freely available and in use.