Android 4.3 - is tap to top available?

Handruin

Administrator
I have an android based tablet running jelly bean 4.3 and one feature that I really use often on the iOS side of mobile and tablet OSes is the ability to double tap at the top clock which causes the content of whatever app I'm in to scroll all the way up instantly. I find this very handy for web browsing and other various services but can't seem to find an equivalent in android. Is this possible?

Handruin

Administrator
Does it work for you in all apps that have scrollable content or just some? That's disappointing that it might be hardware specific given that it's not a physical button but rather just a location on the screen. This is on a Google Nexus 7 2013 FWIW so it's fairly recent hardware.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
It's device specific. No device I have access to supports it. On Android devices that do have that feature, it's the literal top edge of the device, not a part of the screen, that gets tapped.

Handruin

Administrator
That's strange they would choose to go a hardware route for that functionality when it seems a little less complicated to just sense the touch of the regular screen. Under iOS if you double tap the clock it scrolls to the top in just about any app with scrollable content. I was hoping some of you seasoned android users may have heard of a way to get this functionality but maybe it isn't as desired or used as I may have thought?

I checked the nexus 7 and it doesn't scroll to the top of I touch the top edge either. I didn't think to try that until now but it must not be in that device.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
CTRL + Home...

I know you're joking but that works if you have a bluetooth keyboard, or at least it does on my little Android STB.

[quote="]I was hoping some of you seasoned android users may have heard of a way to get this functionality but maybe it isn't as desired or used as I may have thought?[/quote]

It sounds occasionally useful. iOS does a lot of weird gesture-y things ("If you tap with four fingers and slide each of them in a different cardinal direction, you'll go straight to the parental controls screen!") that I've never bothered to learn and that's probably one of them.

However, since we're talking about Android, there's probably a statusbar replacement somewhere that has the feature you're looking for.