Another Digital Camera Thread - Point and Shoot

Stereodude

Not really a
The price is about right. There are a lot of compromises with the size. What exactly are you doing with it and the Chinese stabilizer device? It seems that defeats part of the portability.
That would be to shoot handheld video or to shoot motorized pans/sweeps (you can set up motion points with the phone app and have it move between at a programmed speeds). This lets you do motion timelapses. Contrary to what you said the Crane M2 is one of the smallest and lightest gimbals for the purposes I want.

Stereodude

Not really a
Canon really knows how to hit it out of the park with a new camera in 2019 that wouldn't have at the top of the pack even if it had come out in 2015.

The early reviews from people who actually bought it are pretty brutal as opposed to the flowery spin from the people Canon gave a camera too. Hopefully the RX100 VII doesn't have a similar disconnect.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Those jpegs look just OK at ISO 100, with weird noise, artifacts, and CA. I wonder if that's the best possible from the small sensors or a result of the in-camera processing. I'd expect most users of a $1200 P/S to use RAW much of the time and process to best advantage.