Another VMWare question

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Corperate has mandated the removal of all Windows XP Computers. No big deal, except for one computer. I made an image of this computer and installed it on a Windows 7 computer using VMWare player. It is using the NAT networking connection. This has worked fine as none of the network 'sniffing' or 'spying' programs can find the XP computer. Unfortuately, neither can the clients that need to access the database that is running on this computer.
How do I give the clients access to the database without exposing the computer to the network?

[The software was originally installed on Win 2000. I did an in-place upgrade to XP a few years ago. I guess I could upgrade to Vista and then to Windows 7, but my testicles retract just thinking about that mess]

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
What the heck, I'd do a backup first and give the upgrades a shot. Nothing to lose and it would put you in compliance.

If not then you can make it known that the machine is there and needs access so an exception must be made or monies must be freed up to get the thing updated properly.

Knowing about it and hiding it isn't going to go over well.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm not hiding it. The program has been running since 1995. Nobody bothered to upgrade the software. Now the original disc are lost. (not my responsibility) When told we need to upgrade the software, and it would cost $$$$, all I got was "isn't there another way?".
A couple more days of trying and I'm done with this mess.

ddrueding

Fixture
Now that you have an image, you can play with the in-place upgrades. Exposing shares to the network will alert the scanners, and is probably the thing corporate wants to stop before XP becomes unsupported (a not unreasonable request).