Antec Neo power supplies

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Thought I would post this to keep someone else from pulling their hair out...I'm down to 5 strands left.

The Antec NEO series power supplies are NOT compatible with the Intel DG965WH motherboards. They will not even boot. The only thing that happens is the CPU fan cycles on and off every 3 seconds, continously.

I don't know if that is all motherboards based on the 965 chipset or not. My experiance is with the DG965WH motherboard, 6 hours of experiance.
Bozo :joker:

ddrueding

Fixture
Wow Bozo, that is really odd. What in the mobo would stop it from working? DC power is DC power, no? I have a bunch of the Antec Neos and they all seem to be clean sources of juice.

Handruin

Administrator
I have an Antec Neo and it has been fine, but I have not tried on an Intel motherboard. That is very odd.

ddrueding

Fixture
I had 3 Antec PSs die, all were Antec Truepower 400-550W units, all purchased within 3 months of each other. The last was about 2 years ago, with dozens purchased since then.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I installed an Antec Earthwatts 430W power supply and everything works fine.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Thought I would post this to keep someone else from pulling their hair out...I'm down to 5 strands left.

The Antec NEO series power supplies are NOT compatible with the Intel DG965WH motherboards. They will not even boot. The only thing that happens is the CPU fan cycles on and off every 3 seconds, continously.

I don't know if that is all motherboards based on the 965 chipset or not. My experiance is with the DG965WH motherboard, 6 hours of experiance.

Wow! Thanks for the tip. I've been using the DG965RY and DQ965GF boards, but not with the Antec Neo PSU.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I found a small blurb about the power supply issue buried in the "Ratings" coloum at Newegg. This was under the Intel motherboard page. Otherwise I might still be pulling the last 5 hairs out.
Didn't see anything on Intels site.
I'll install Prime 95 tomorrow and let it cook for 12-14 hours.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
How many Excedrin though?

Lost count :crap:

But, I think I've found a new pick-me-up. Buy a bottle of your favorite bottled water. Pour the water on your favorite smoking plant :cool: Then refill with Gin or Vodka. That way, it just looks like water while sitting in your cube :-D
Now I can wash down the Excedrin with something tasty! :rotfl: After 6-8 Excedrin, I might not care if I'm working on a Dell.......but I doubt it. It's still a Dell.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
A reply from Intel:
"We have reported issues with the Antech NEO HE series of power supplies and the Broadwater based boards, this is still under validation, and we have no official report yet."

At least it appears I'm not the only one.

Adcadet

Storage Freak
Lost count :crap:

But, I think I've found a new pick-me-up. Buy a bottle of your favorite bottled water. Pour the water on your favorite smoking plant :cool: Then refill with Gin or Vodka. That way, it just looks like water while sitting in your cube :-D
Now I can wash down the Excedrin with something tasty! :rotfl: After 6-8 Excedrin, I might not care if I'm working on a Dell.......but I doubt it. It's still a Dell.

Did you not go to college? How do you think many of my classmates made it through the day or between "experiences" with their "favorite smoking plant"?

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
College? Nope, never been, well at least not for school purposes. But I have worked in various blue-collar jobs, even before graduating High School, the pick-me-up of choice was either beer or a Coke can partially filled with Rum. I have found that printing press operators are some of the most substance dependent people (usually not the drinkable stuff).

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
The guys who do trading in the pits - stocks, commodities, whatever - consume cocaine in staggering quantities.

Not coincidently, commodities traders are pretty much the biggest assholes I've ever met, and I know a lot of lawyers.

Adcadet

Storage Freak
I know in medicine it's the anesthesiologists who have the highest rate of drug abuse. I thought this was just a myth until I did my anesthesiology rotation and saw the entire chapter on the subject in the standard anesthesiology textbook, Miller's. They speculate that it's a function of self-selection into the specialty along with access.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I know in medicine it's the anesthesiologists who have the highest rate of drug abuse. I thought this was just a myth until I did my anesthesiology rotation and saw the entire chapter on the subject in the standard anesthesiology textbook, Miller's. They speculate that it's a function of self-selection into the specialty along with access.

This is an interesting article about the reasons why anesthesiologists get addicted in the first place.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Odd how a thread about power supplies and motherboards turns into a thread about professional junkies. :crap:

Adcadet

Storage Freak
If anyone else is interested in some progressive thinking in medical education, the CEO of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, one of the three main Harvard teaching hospitals is running a very open blog. I interviewed at BID and was very impressed with it, especially the progressive culture. Had I wanted to live on the East Coast it would have been my top choice.

http://runningahospital.blogspot.com/

LOST6200

Storage is cool
Did you not go to college? How do you think many of my classmates made it through the day or between "experiences" with their "favorite smoking plant"?

Boh, no need for the drogs. High sckools and undergard Uni in teh 70s and it was around evrywher, btu not for me.