Antec's new plus series...how's it look?

time

Storage? I am Storage!
It looks like a simple facia upgrade from the Performance series. Apart from the crudely mounted side fan, the chassis appears to be absolutely unchanged (the filter is part of the facia).

I wonder who actually manufactures these cases sold under the Antec and Enermax brands, not to mention a few others? It might be an OEM product from Macase, or they might just be reselling it like the other firms. Apart from the black/beige option, there was at least one other quite different facia, and several sizes.

Here's one of the new Antec range.
1080bboth.jpg

Similarly equipped with filters and front USB ports, I think these cases might be new relatives from the same family. What do you think?
KA-280WB.JPG

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
They look suspiciously like an Enlight. Maybe Chenming makes both? I just order an Antec SX830 case so I'll be able to compare it to an Enlight.

Bozo :D

time

Storage? I am Storage!
The manufacture of these cases is chenming.

Thanks for the tip, Handruin. But if you look a little further, you will see that Chenming appears to be solely an American distributor/arm of Chieftec. Their product showcase includes several variations on the theme, and they claim:

Chieftec is a full-service vendor, with complete manufacturing facilities Including own tooling making, stamping, coating assembly, and export. We do it all by ourselves to assure customers of best quality.

If you look at their worldwide network, it links together the threads I was looking for. So I think they might be the end of the chain. But now I'm uncertain of the origin of the cases I linked to :-?

Handruin

Administrator
time said:
The manufacture of these cases is chenming.

Thanks for the tip, Handruin. But if you look a little further, you will see that Chenming appears to be solely an American distributor/arm of Chieftec. Their product showcase includes several variations on the theme, and they claim:

Chieftec is a full-service vendor, with complete manufacturing facilities Including own tooling making, stamping, coating assembly, and export. We do it all by ourselves to assure customers of best quality.

If you look at their worldwide network, it links together the threads I was looking for. So I think they might be the end of the chain. But now I'm uncertain of the origin of the cases I linked to :-?

I had thought chenming was the sole distributor because they had a Taiwan based shop, but I guess not. Originally chenmings website was www.chenming.com.tw, but it no longer exists...If SR still had their DB, I could search for it.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
I just bought the 660+. I especially like the front mounted 2xUSB and 1xfirewire ports. It has 4 LEDs on the facia.

The case came with an Antec True330 PS. It is not meantioned in the online specs but the PS has two thermally controlled fans and a lead with two thermally controlled 4-pin headers.

The normal PS exhaust fan looks to be regular size but there is another fan built into the PSU that is slightly larger and directs airflow past the CPU.

The headers on the extra lead can be plugged into any four pin power header though it warns "Use for fans only." No thermally controlled HD for me, I guess. :p

It also comes with a connector that lets you monitor the main PSU exhaust fan as you would a case fan.