Antivirus Programs

Handruin

Administrator
"File > send link" will email a web page. What sort of thing are you trying to do that takes 3 clicks/moves vs IE 1?

I've converted months ago to Firefox. Only rarely will I use IE 6.0. I use it for the occasional housecall, and for other sites that actually won't let me do what I need to do because they block out anything buy IE6.0 (cough FU walmart with your free music downloads).

No need for you guys to convince me of IE's problems. I love firefox now, and I'm even working on creating my own extension. I second Groltz suggestion for NOD32 (and the many others who've recommended it over the years).

I try to convert people over to firefox all the time, but they don't seem to care. I know the trade-off that ddrueding speaks of, and it's hard to convince someone to convert when there is the slightest inconvenience. Spyware and viruses don't seem to hit home until the damage is done, and even then it's hard to convert people out of their habits.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I turned the cup over. Rather then looking at recreating a favorites list, and book marking stuff as a pain, I view it as a joy. Just little things like all your bookmarks being in an import folder rather then on the main menu. However, I'm rebuilding a shorter list.

s

paugie

Storage is cool
been using EZ Trust AV, but I don't like it anymore

Started out with it when it was free.
Then 2 years ago, I bought it, renewed my license last year. Been getting emails from them saying version6 had problems, I needed to upgrade to version7. But I don't like the new interface.
Anyways, some of my clients I've installed it in (they had a free trial version good for one year) seem to be getting quite a few infections. Don't know if it is user error or if the program is getting sieve-like lately.
I tried downloading that ClamWin program mentioned in the other thread. Any feedback on it? It found 5 infections in my PC, 3 of them the test file and 2 of them a Gen.expoit. Don't know what that is.
Have to google a bit.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
We're now using clamAV at work and it is finding stuff that AVG did not. Nice to know that it is working. I really like the automated reporting of ClamWin, but the software is still pretty beta.

We're actually using batch files calling clamAV and a command line emailer to simulate the functionality of clamWin, while offering scheduling that works while a user is not logged onto the machine.