Any Good free DVD creating software?

RWIndiana

Learning Storage Performance
Just got a DVD-RW for my mom's computer, but apparently Windows XP and Roxio CD Creator 5 Basic don't want to support writing DVDs. Is there a free alternative for Windows, or will she have to buy a Roxio upgrade (or something else)?

Not that I'm an idiot or anything, it's just easier to find this type of thing for Linux. :)
Hmm, K3B for Windows? That would be nice.

Thanks.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I don't see why Roxio CD creator doesn't work. I had, and used it for awhile. Wasn't nearly as easy, fast, or good as Nero, but it did work..

DR Greg.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
If you know anybody that has bought an Intel motherboard lately, they usually have some free software included. If I remember correctly, WinDVD was on the CD.

Bozo :joker:

RWIndiana

Learning Storage Performance
Just an update, a free copy of Roxio Media Creator 9 did not run. I'm not sure why, but I guess I'll have to try a free trial of Nero next. Can XP not burn DVDs by default?

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
We have Roxio on most of our XP computers and they all work fine. Maybe a burner problem?

Bozo :joker:

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
There are several different versions of Roxio. The more common ones don't support making DVD-Video discs.

Anyway, I suspect that there are a minimum of free DVD authoring tools simply because DVD Video is encumbered with licensing costs at virtually every step of the process.