Asus Rampage II GENE into Antec NSK3480?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I remember Mercutio bitching against the lack of space within the Antec NSK3480 enclosure. According to the specifications, it should accomodate a motherboard up to 9.6" by 9.6", which is exactly the size of an Asus Rampage II GENE motherboard (smallest Core i7 motherboard available).

So, should it fit or, despite what's stated on Antec's web site, I'll run into troubles if I try? I wouldn't be using RAM with tall heatsinks, just regular RAM-sinks. That shouldn't interfere with the internal 3.5" bay. Anything else I should worry about?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I've had theoretical uATX boards not fit in the Antec 3840 before, but they were both boards that were slightly wider than normal uATX spec (XFX something-or-others). A lot of boards have to be somewhat carefully wrestled into that enclosure because the 3.5" drive bay gets in the way.

I've never really bitched about lack of space in those cases. They're perfect for what I use them for, my standard case for classroom PCs.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I've never really bitched about lack of space in those cases. They're perfect for what I use them for, my standard case for classroom PCs.
I'm sure you did, but I don't feel like browsing through you 11484 posts to find where. So in your opinion, the Rampage II GENE should fit? Great.

Something I don't get with this case though : the power supply has more connectors than the one inside the NSK4480B (2 additional SATA connectors).
NSK3480
NSK4480B

????

Anyway, there's enough for a good system with a decent graphic card.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
After all the "You need a special PSU for the 8800GT[S/X]"-crap, I was able to run a Q6600 and a 8800GTS off the 380 Watt uATX power supply in an NSK3400.

I can also attest to the fact that the PSU in an NSK3480 isn't enough to make an ATI 4870x2 go, though.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
But it should be enough for a Core i7 920 with a Radeon HD 4830. It better be because that's what I offered to my customer.