ATI about to launch new P4 chipset.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
According to The Economic News in Taiwan quoted by In Play, ASUSTeK, Gigabyte Technology and MicroStar International will utilise ATI Technologies next-generation chipset with integrated RADEON 9200-class graphics.

This is definitely a very positive news for ATI Technologies who launches its code-named RS300 chipset for Intel Pentium 4 and Prescott processors with 400, 533 or 800MHz Quad Pumped Bus and the Hyper-Threading technology support quite soon. I remind you that ATI RADEON IGP RS300 features dual-channel PC2700 and PC3200 memory support as well as integrates graphics core based on the RADEON 9000 and RADEON 9200 technology. Reportedly, ATI’s RS300 may be as fast as i875P “Canterwood” or even faster.
I happen to own shares of ATI... :mrgrn:

However, I'm very sceptical about the claim in bold. ATI's first chipset was so sluggish that seeing their second try matching what's probably the most optimized chipset of the entire PC market is unlikely IMO.

zx

Learning Storage Performance
Nice to see. We may see a very viable integrated solution for the pentium 4, much like the nForce was for the athlon. For speed, let's just say the Intel Chipsets are very hard to beat.

I'd also like to see this chipset in notebooks.

e_dawg

Storage Freak
ATI chipsets... uh-oh. If their earlier video cards were any indication, I wouldn't be surprised if their chipset drivers were even buggier than VIA's.