BabyAT and ATX MB mounting holes

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
I think it depends on the case, some cases have more places to mount standoffs than ATX requires.. I always assumed that this was so a baby AT mobo would fit in the same case...

what I'd be more concerned with is the backplate and ISA/PCI slot placement... not to mention that the CPU and RAM are in different locations .. might cause a problem there

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
AT backplates for ATX cases aren't impossible to find, by any means. I've got a couple laying around. Worst case scenario is "break out the dremel", and even that's not a really big deal.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
.. and that's what I get for missing the preview button.

The rest of what I wanted to say:

ISA/PCI slots are still at the same interval. Full AT-style boards often had 7 slots, and most mid-towers have 8 slots on the back (a lot of cases have a slot "above" where the AGP slot usually falls. So that's not a big deal either.

CPU and RAM placement on AT weren't ever full standardized to begin with (a CPU might live somewhere on the top half of the board, and it might live opposite the expansion slots. RAM might live along the right side of the board and it might lie parallel to and just above expansion slots.

Neither of those configurations would be a problem for ATX.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
As Mercutio more-or-less said already, Cliptin, some ATX cases come with extra holes so that they are dual mode, some don't. Choose your case carefully and you can save a lot of messing about with the Dremel.