Bart PE

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Has anyone successfully used an XP CD made with NLite as the basis for a Bart PE boot CD?
If so, how.

Thanks,

Bozo :joker:

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Yes, although, you can't remove anything, or the build will barf. Except for slipstreaming hotfixes, there's not really anything that you'd get from nLite that the BartPE builder can't do.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
It's usually easier to find someone else's BartPE than to build your own. I've tried demonstrating the process in classes a couple times and frankly the whole process is more than a little buggy.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
That probably has something to do with hacking around in a closed-source operating system....

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Yes, although, you can't remove anything, or the build will barf. Except for slipstreaming hotfixes, there's not really anything that you'd get from nLite that the BartPE builder can't do.

I was trying to use an NLite CD that had SATA/RAID & video drivers already installed.

Bozo :joker:

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
You need to use PE builder to add third-party drivers.

Unless you've replaced a driver that comes with Windows, PE builder won't add the files to your PE disk, and then you'll also have a reference to a driver whose files aren't there.

Just follow the instructions and drop the drivers into the "drivers" folder, and PE builder will add them appropriately.