Big Brother MFT

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Is an MFT like this any good?
I don't find many good options with color and 11x17' capability. The device needs to be able to make enlarged copies in standalone mode.
The large format laser types I've seen are huge, very expensive, and for office use only.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I've had no better experience with Brother inkjets than any other brand but you're right that you're not going to have many choices given your format needs.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I have a Brother laser printer. While it is quite reliable, output quality - both text and images - is nowhere near the earlier HPs I had.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
We use the Brother MFC-J6920DW at our office. It is enough for the needs of a 30-employe office. People don't complain much about it, except perhaps when the ink is low on some cartridges, the orange/golden logos show stripes of colors instead of an equal blend. Otherwise, it's fine. Even our cheapo control-freak director doesn't complain about the price of its ink.

Two points worth mentioning though :

1. We mostly use a much bigger and faster Konica Minolta Bizhub monochrome printer. The Brother is only used when color is needed or by the few employes whose desks are next to the Brother.

2. It mainly serves to print schematic plans, not digital photography. The quality requirements are therefore much lower.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
We use the Brother MFC-J6920DW at our office. It is enough for the needs of a 30-employe office. People don't complain much about it, except perhaps when the ink is low on some cartridges, the orange/golden logos show stripes of colors instead of an equal blend. Otherwise, it's fine. Even our cheapo control-freak director doesn't complain about the price of its ink.

Two points worth mentioning though :

1. We mostly use a much bigger and faster Konica Minolta Bizhub monochrome printer. The Brother is only used when color is needed or by the few employes whose desks are next to the Brother.

2. It mainly serves to print schematic plans, not digital photography. The quality requirements are therefore much lower.

Apparently the only difference between the 20DW and the 25DW is that the latter has some cheaper ink cartridges.
The XXL inks for the 20DW are decently priced though compared to inks for most smaller format printers.
We shall see if the printer is well received on Christmas day.