BIOS

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
One of the most aggravating things to me is that the BIOS changes the boot order if you change any hardware. IE: if you set up the BIOS to boot the CD and then the hard drive, if you change the hard drive, the BIOS wants to boot from it first.
Does the new Intel "BIOS" have this same bug?

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
I've never experienced this with any motherboard, intel or otherwise.

If I set the boot order to CD->HDD->Network, it stays that way whether I add a HDD, remove all CD drives, etc.

One bug I noticed with one system is that my boot HDD was sometimes not detected and the system would try to boot from the second HDD. I would rather it have just failed. I ended up replacing the motherboard and the HDD is now always detected.

BingBangBop

Storage is cool
I would have tried to update the BIOS (even if it is the same version), then reset the CMOS to default/optimize settings and modify from there before returning the MB. That being said, your way obviously works, if it is under warranty.

ddrueding

Fixture
If you leave the BIOS boot order at "Basic" where you only specify HDD, CDROM, Network, then you're fine. If you go to "Advanced", where you specify devices individually, hardware changes can shake things up.