Boring bits

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
The ASUS web site seems to have problems with Firefox. I have to use IE.

Bozo :mrgrn:

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Bozo said:
I agree with Buck. I buy Intel boards for Intel processors.
If AMD would produce their own quality motherboard, I'd have one of those. I'd even consider them for work.
Bozo :mrgrn:

With my humble experience I am going to second that. I had several intel boards and they were great. Supermicro also.

In my opinion a good quality consumer/desktop level motherboard vendor is what's holding AMD up at the moment. It's also a shame they don't make their own chipsets either.

Thanks to the people on this forum I choose Gigabyte for my upgrade recently and I can't complain, it's a quality product but I am having USB problems that have to do with Nvidia not Gigabyte. Ill post that in the help section as I am getting no where on that front.

iGary

Learning Storage Performance
Several years ago, I *had* to give up on Intel mobos, mainly for the reasons of the lack of certain higher-end features, timeliness to market with new designs, and general availability.

To be fair, that was back in the mid-90s. At that point in time, I had been dabbling in still-expensive Supermicro mobos. But, the price for Supermicro product began to ameliorate about that same time, so, I switched over to Supermicro product for my primary project mobo and still use Super-O today.

As for AMD product -- never had a problem with their microprocessors, just a lot of the cheesy mobos that they got plugged into and the chipsets on many of those mobos, namely SiS and Via.