Bridging to a wireless NIC?

ddrueding

Fixture
My server has 3 GbE NICs in it at the moment. 2 to different internal networks and one to the router. They are currently all bridged and do a great job. I would like to add a wireless NIC with an external antenna to the mix, but bridging isn't an option. Security would be nice, QOS would be great, but anything would do.

TIA.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I'm not exactly sure what it is you're wanting to do here.

Why not just bridge with an AP like a normal person?

ddrueding

Fixture
One of the things I'm trying to do is look into software-based WAPs. Another is to see if bridging is possible. This comes on the heels of another project that had similar problems. We were trying to get a PC with 2 wireless cards to log onto a network with one and then re-broadcast on another using different credentials. I'm pretty sure that enters the world of custom software and *nix land, so we gave up. But I presently have a nice PCI-based NIC and a big-ass antenna that could go into my server. I'm also curious if there is any software out there that gives better control than standard APs.

I did just order a standard WAP54G and the big-ass antenna kit that goes with it, I was just curious.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Yeah. O'Reilly and Associates has a book called "Wireless Hacks" that goes into some detail about a Linux-based PC router along those lines.