Buying keyboards in bulk

RWIndiana

Learning Storage Performance
There is an offer on eBay right now , ending soon, that is very tempting to me. But I'm not knowledgeable about keyboards. Just wondering if this is actually a good deal or not. It would come out to about 2.50 per board.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
If everything works and you already have users for the boards, yes it is a decent buy. <rhetorically>What will happen when five of them fail in two weeks?

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
That is the keyboard I have. I don't know about used keyboards though. This keyboard is generally pretty inexpensive, but as far as I can tell pretty reliable.

Adcadet

Storage Freak
Be wary! People from Hopkins (Minnesota) tend to be smelly and ill-tempered, and they're all compulsive liars. Any keyboard from Hopkins is likely to be deformed, broken, spilled on, salivated into, and in general bad disrepair.

Just kidding. I know some people from Hopkins.

RWIndiana

Learning Storage Performance
If everything works and you already have users for the boards, yes it is a decent buy. <rhetorically>What will happen when five of them fail in two weeks?

Do you know something I don't? I'll raise prices. I really only need a few right now, but I was thinking this might be a good thing for the long term as I wouldn't have to buy any for quite a while.

But maybe it would be better just to wait for a smaller lot.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Do you know something I don't? I'll raise prices. I really only need a few right now, but I was thinking this might be a good thing for the long term as I wouldn't have to buy any for quite a while.

But maybe it would be better just to wait for a smaller lot.

Why would you need so many keyboards in reserve? Because they don't last very long or can only handle a couple years of daily use? If that is the case, what is the point of purchasing used keyboards? How much longer do you expect these used keyboards to last?

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I don't think I would buy a used keyboard either, but mainly for the gross-out factor. Used keyboards could be filled with all kinds of gross stuff, bacteria/fungus/who knows what else. However, those IBM keyboards are built pretty solid, so I doubt they would fail all that rapidly.

Handruin

Administrator
Kensington Keyboard 10-Pack

You might want to check Woot! today. They are selling bulk keyboards at a good price.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I *really* wish they did that woot about a month ago. I just bought 60 Logitech keyboards @ $11 apiece.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I am the only annoyed by the giant Enter key on some keyboards?

Sol

Storage is cool
If you mean the kind that goes around a corner then quite possibly yes... I remember my first ever computer had one of those and years later when I got a keyboard with a small enter key (where both enter keys are the same size) it was really annoying. As far as I'm concerned they are supposed to be like that.

Massive delete keys on the other hand (the size of a numeric keypad plus or enter key) are bloody infuriating. Could I really be that desperate to delete things?
Also annoying are f-lock keys... It makes me want to yell at whoever invented it "Stop inventing useless keys!"*

*(People who have watched any amount of anime might be able to deduce the tone in which I would shout this and even the style in which I would be drawn whilst doing so, but I don't think it's worth explaining if not).