Can't add Domain Users to Remote Desktop Access of a machine

Gilbo

Storage is cool
For some reason I can't add any domain users as Remote Desktop users to an XP Pro machine.

I've tried from both the Domain Administrator, and the Local Administrator accounts. In both cases the only "Location" available is the Local Machine. Domain Users can't be added!

I've Googled to no success. The only relevant information I found indicated I had to have Administrative privileges on the machine (duh...). Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Does the computer in question have a machine account or trust relationship with the domain in question?

Gilbo

Storage is cool
Yep. (If you mean whether or not it's in the Active Directory.)

However, "Trust Computer for delegation" is not checked. My understanding is that that option shouldn't affect this situation.

EDIT: Also, this is a Windows 2000 Domain Controller. The member computer at issue is a Windows XP Pro machine.

Gilbo

Storage is cool
You got it Dave! I changed the primary DNS server to the Domain Controller and magically my entire directory reappeared.

I know I should be able to figure out why that setting caused this, but off-hand I can't? I'd still like to be able to use the Linux DNS server (it's just more convenient to manage).

EDIT: Just saw Merc's reply. I'll try and figure out what was missing. This network is in a halfway transition between the old Windows 2000 Server and the Linux box.

ddrueding

Fixture
Just take a look at all the entries in the Windows DNS server and try to replicate them all. You might have to read up on Samba's DNS implementation.