Capacitors

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
My LG 246 LCD monitor died. I found two bad capacitors on the power supply board.
Anybody know a reputable place to buy 3300uf, 10v 105C capacitors?

Thanks

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Is there any indication that the caps were not the root cause of the failure?

I had about a dozen 3300µF 16V radials in stock, but I'm not sure where they went after I packed some items a couple years ago.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Is there any indication that the caps were not the root cause of the failure?

I had about a dozen 3300µF 16V radials in stock, but I'm not sure where they went after I packed some items a couple years ago.

Both capacitors were swollen and leaking. Looked like a good place to start.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I installed the two new capacitors and the monitor is alive and well!

Thanks again for everyones help.

[hardest part was getting it together in it's plastic case]

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Very nice!! Congrats! You should have taken some pics during the process...would have been interesting to see.

C

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
60-years-old don't have digital cameras, Clocker. They have films cameras and they have to scan the photos once they are developed. That's quite a lot of work and they don't do that just for a monitor repair.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
60-years-old don't have digital cameras, Clocker. They have films cameras and they have to scan the photos once they are developed. That's quite a lot of work and they don't do that just for a monitor repair.

I do have a digital camera. An Olympus D-450, 1.3 Mpixal.
It's about 12 years old, connects to the computer via a serial cable and uses a program designed for NT to download the pictures. ( Win 7 doesn't recognize it at all )It only holds 18 pictures at a time and is agonizingly slow to download. It is also a large camera by todays standards, and you take pictures with a view-finder.

We don't use it much.

LunarMist

Ridiculous. I know 75+ year-olds that are carrying around a couple of pro Canon DSLR bodies and a 500 or 600/4 IS lens to boot. And when I was in Canada recently there were a number of people with SLRs that had to be in their late 60s or early 70s.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Yeah, that was offensive without being funny, Coug. :(

But don't give up, because you're normally a shining wit. :)

(time runs for the hills ... )

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I was just poking at the elders. I doubt Bozo will hold a grudge. Lunar is not sixty yet, so there was no reason for him to increase his blood pressure.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I was just poking at the elders. I doubt Bozo will hold a grudge. Lunar is not sixty yet, so there was no reason for him to increase his blood pressure.

Nope, no problem here. I also own a Nikon 'film' camera too. :)

tazwegion

Learning Storage Performance
Congrat's on a successful LCD monitor recycling project Bozo! :D

Very nice!! Congrats! You should have taken some pics during the process...would have been interesting to see.

C

Not quite the same but here's the power board out of my Acer AL1916W, I pulled the capXon's and repopulated with Hitano GP & LowESR series ;)

lcdrecap.jpg

LunarMist

It is unlikely that I will make it to sixty at this point.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
One reason more to keep your blood pressure down. You better hurry start forgetting things, talk about old times and complaining about youngsters because you won't have much time to be an has-been. You don't want to miss that part of your life, don't you? ;-)