problem Case Cleaning

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Can I hose out an empty computer case and then dry it off? I tried to blast off the dust with a Dustoff, but it is just awful. :puke-r:

LunarMist

Well I did it but am having second thoughts. There was a back panel that I probably should have removed first to get at the cables. I never noticed that it was removable, or maybe I tried that eons ago and forgot about it. If the "wash" does not work out at least the case will be clean for disposal. :D I have a box fan blowing on it now.

LunarMist

Well I did remove the motherboard, HDDs, PS and fans first. ;) Three of the fans will go to trash. I'll not reattach the little USB/FW front panel board since USB never worked right at 2.0 anyway. There is also a small transducer (speaker?) glued in the front panel.

LunarMist

I blasted it with the water nozzle and then installed one of the older motherboards, etc. I had a couple of new 80cm fans and installed those too. I'm not sure what I will do with the system yet since I don't have a halfway modern OS. I'm planning to buy one of those cheap 2x2.5" SATA drive racks so that I can play around with various hard drives or SSDs without opening the case.