Cases by the Pallet

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Does anyone know of a place to get pallets of cases?

I've ordered fractions of a pallet before, usually 1/3rd or 1/2 a pallet, along with a local computer retailer. But that guy moved out of the area.

My "local" distributors, Evergreen and ComCapital, don't sell them at a reasonable discount to people at my sales volume. One might argue that that I might sell more PCs if I had access to cases at a lower price, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway I have a need for around 20 cases, all at once, and the $5 discount I get for buying 5 at a time, locally, isn't going to cut it.

Explorer

Learning Storage Performance

Then, I guess you're too small for Ingram Micro. Otherwise, how about a trucksworth?

Mercutio

I am too small for Ingram Micro. At my volume they pretty much wouldn't offer me any discount.
The closest I can come with that is Staples. Staples is an Ingram Distributor, so if I know a part number they'll order it for me and then pricematch to their (massive) discount level.

ddrueding

Fixture
Mercutio said:
I am too small for Ingram Micro. At my volume they pretty much wouldn't offer me any discount.
The closest I can come with that is Staples. Staples is an Ingram Distributor, so if I know a part number they'll order it for me and then pricematch to their (massive) discount level.

That sounds like the way to go. I have an ingram account and I still ordered 20+ cases from newegg (cheaper).

Mercutio

It's tricky. You have to know the ingram part number and the staples part number (they reassign everything).

Newegg kills me on case shipping. I might buy one case there, but there's no way I could do say, 20.