Certifications

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
The JoJo said:
How about you others, have you done some interesting tests lately?
Just mostly trying to earn enough CPEs to maintain my CISSP. Thankfully, my employer generally pays for my classes & conferences. That makes finding the time the hardest part.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
ABM is for a brew master that doesn't have any financial interest in the company. If you do, then you are at the highest level, simply: Brew Master.

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Mercutio said:
The JoJo said:
Congrats! What did you think about the LPIC tests?

Meh. I did not find them particularly challenging. Harder than Linux+, though.

Yup, if one has done some work on *nix it's pretty basic stuff.

Part of my defence for certifications, basic stuff that people working on the systems should know by heart...

Corvair

Learning Storage Performance
Yay, passed the Sun Directory Server certification test today! If that doesn't ring a bell, just think LDAP and you got it. ;)

Did the Sun Solaris 9 admin 1 testi, and doing the second part in about a month. Although we mostly use 8 at work, administration for 8 and 9 is so similar (the same really) that I opted doing the Solaris 9 test...

Congratulations, JoJo!

Now you just need to gain Solaris 10 administrator certification through an upgrade exam! :geek:

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I love digging up nine year old threads in which to post!

An interesting thing that I just noticed is that Microsoft is going back to the MCSE/MCSA branding for Windows 8 and Server 2012. Which is really excellent, because who the hell can keep track of the current alphabet soup of its certification offerings?

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Howdy,

back again, it's been a while since I was here the last time, and I'm not talking about this thread now.
Probably got some new certs also since the start of this thread. Merc comment reminds me to renew/upgrade my MS certs, hmm....

ddrueding

Fixture
Well if this is where you decided to pop back in, allow me to post a greeting in it as well. ;) Glad to see you back, hope you are well.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I'm glad you still stop by, good sir. Every so often, I see that you're visiting. It's good you still remember to post once in a while, too. ;)