Cheap speaker recommendations (2.0)

Adcadet

Storage Freak
Can anybody recommend a set of cheap 2.0 speakers? I use a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 pros right now and will continue to do so for any audio where quality matters. I just need a cheap and small set of desktop speaker for listening to audio lectures, podcasts, etc.

Thanks,
Adcadet

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I found a set at Walmart for $20. But right now the name escapes me. (I'm not at home)
They even have a sub-woofer. Sound is pretty good too.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
The most recent set of stereo desktop speakers to impress me was a $60 pair of m-Audio speakers. Most m-Audio products cost quite a bit more than that, but these were surprisingly nice.

My go-to brand for decent, inexpensive speakers has been Logitech, though I usually choose a 2.1 set instead of just stereo.

Adcadet

Storage Freak
I think I'd prefer to avoid a subwoofer because I just don't need it for the kind of audio I'd be using it for (voice) and because I don't want me wife to hear it in another room.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
I agree with logitech... and 2.1 if the sub size/placement isn't an issue. On the logitech 2.1 setups I've seen, you cannot bypass the sub like you can on some other brands.

One of the things I like best is the (corded) remote volume control/headphone jack - http://images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/36-121-019-S09?$S640W$

Most of logitech's speakers (even the 2.0 units) seem to have a headphone jack on them. It's very convenient to have this so accessible if you like to use headphones.