Code Comment for you Pro-Adobe Whores

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
This bit of code is very entertaining. Read the comment.

But I'll excerpt:
Code:
"                // I had to apply to them for permission to apply to them to have them consider sending
                // me this sacred tome. This would have involved faxing them a copy of some document or
                // other, probably signed in blood. I can only imagine that they make this process so
                // difficult because they are intensely ashamed of having created this abomination. I
                // was naturally not gullible enough to go through with this procedure, but if I had done
                // so, I would have printed out every single page of the spec, and set them all on fire.
                // Were it within my power, I would gather every single copy of those specs, and launch
                // them on a spaceship directly into the sun.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Seriously. When was the last time that Adobe put out a "critical" update for a product that slipped an extension into Firefox that you could not uninstall via normal means?

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I have no idea what any of that means. Adobe software messed up something - what else is new?

Mercutio

Seriously. When was the last time that Adobe put out a "critical" update for a product that slipped an extension into Firefox that you could not uninstall via normal means?

At least Microsoft doesn't say things like "We're well aware of the critical security issues with our software that's installed on 80% of all personal computers, and the fix will only be made available in our next scheduled version point upgrade, to be made available six months from now, and only in that version of the software."

ddrueding

Fixture
At least Microsoft doesn't say things like "We're well aware of the critical security issues with our software that's installed on 80% of all personal computers, and the fix will only be made available in our next scheduled version point upgrade, to be made available six months from now, and only in that version of the software."

To be fair, it isn't like Microsoft products don't have critical security issues that aren't fixed for at least six months, they just keep their mouths shut about it.

Mercutio

To be fair, it isn't like Microsoft products don't have critical security issues that aren't fixed for at least six months, they just keep their mouths shut about it.

If they're OS flaws rather than IE flaws they do tend to get fixed quickly, sometimes even out-of-cycle. IE flaws, well, there are some things that Microsoft has known to be broken for YEARS without fixing. But I've never heard of MS saying "We have the fix now and we're going to wait six months to release it."

I can't believe I'm standing up for Microsoft, either.

Mercutio

Let's keep it fair. What are all of the nice things you can say about Microsoft products?

I might mention the really very good support for legacy software, the excellent technical documentation and learning resources and the availability of skilled professionals to meet service needs. Basically, even if Windows itself kind of sucks there's a good infrastructure behind it.