Comodo Internet Security

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I tried the Comodo firewall, but nothing else from them. It's their primary business and the only thing I would trust them with (although it has inflated just like Zone Alarm did before them). Most of the software protection companies that are good in a certain field eventually lauch a fully fledge security suite, attempting to protect users from other kinds of threats they (most of the time) are not very good against. I suspect Comodo doesn't succeed better than all the others at that game.

My advice would be to try their firewall, but to pass on their anti-spyware/anti-virus offerings since they are almost certainly short on efficiency and big on system ressources.

Stinker

What is this storage?
Noted. Just a good option to keep in your tool kit as it seemed to be able to remove some rootkits and other malware that malwarebytes and many of the other popular choices that are out there missed..

Besides, with 4GB RAM, I should use it for something. :)

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Doesn't look like it.
If you're itching to test a commercial product out, you could always give Forticlient a go.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I tried Comodo Internet Security. It found a few things other security software didn't find. However, it flaged two files from HP imaging software as spywares. While I'm not fan of bloated HP software suites, their pieces of junk aren't spyware.

If you plan to use Comodo Internet Security, use it with care. Not everything it finds is what it tells it is.