Computer-related stuff you bought in 2011.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I'm doing my numbers (finances) for last year and I'm surprised how little I spent in the entire year on computers and peripherals. Including two Core i7 2600 systems, 4 printers I destroyed along a few enclosures too, as well as my main computer monitor, I only spent a little over 2400$ last year. This also includes the parts I haven't sold already (not a lot, I'm quite efficient on my orders).

I remember that in 2001 or 2002, I destroyed for over 6000$ in computer components in a single year and my computer business was smaller back then.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I spent nothing on replacements for computer parts destroyed, but I have substantial self control. :)

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
$94.99 for 16 GB of RAM my next upgrade, about $15 in parts to repair my A7N8X-E, and $70 for a second hand laptop. That was it for me in 2011. Normally I'll spend a few hundred at least.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I bought myself a couple new laptops, rotated up most of my desktops and added a new file server. I bought several tablets (most given away as gifts) a number of hard drives and quite a few USB doodads.

Most of my new kit was obtained by barter rather than direct purchase.

ddrueding

Fixture
New workstations all 'round, some new laptops, some tablets and phones, bunch of Kindles as gifts. New machine for my mom, plus some other random bits (switches, wireless, firewall, UPS, power conditioner, etc).

Well into the five figures, but quite a bit of the stuff that was replaced was resold for a total also in the five figure range. I should be able to get an exact number, but I don't really do consulting anymore, and don't track it like I should.