Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus or Xigmatek SD1283 Gaia?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Both heatsinks are the same price on my lists. I already own the Xigmatek model, but the processor it is sitting on doesn't push it enough to tell wether it's good or very good. I know Handruin owns the Cooler Master and likes it. In theory, the Cooler Master should offer a superior cooling performance as it is slightly bigger and has one additional heatpipe, but the result I've had with the Xigmatek is surprisingly good (that and the very low noise level it generates).

I guess I'll have to buy a power-hungry CPU to tell the difference. I haven't seen reviews comparing both. I have the choice between a Core i7 2600K or a Core i7 950. I have the parts to assemble a system with either of those. In fact, I already have one i7 950 here, but it's already in use and the motherboard is installed inside a case and I'm too lazy to disassemble everything. I'll wait untill I have spare parts that I can play with freely.

Stereodude

Not really a
I have the Cooler Master also on my i7-2600K. It seems to do a good job. I don't have any experience with the Xigmatek, so I can't compare.