Cooler Master

ddrueding

Fixture
My media server currently resides in one of these beasts, and makes me very happy. I currently have it full (12+ hard drives, 4 opticals, A64 4000+, Antec SmartPower 550W) and it is humming away nicely. The case is a joy to work on, really easy to reach everything, and plenty of expansion options; but it is not a quiet case. This is not one I could make quiet regardless of the components. The huge grill on the side and the entire front facilitate massive CFM from arrays of fans, but directed airflow paths at low velocities will be diffused in no time. The thin aluminium is great except that is resonates quite a bit (despite the thin aluminium, there's no way you'll lift it decked out, so why didn't they go for steel?).

Just some thoughts...

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Seems like a very nice open aluminum frame with some cloth draped on it. Good for airflow, I guess.

What's your goal for this enclosure?

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I have a Supermicro P4SCT+II mother board and a Supermicro SATA 5 slot drive carrier, a DVD burner, a DVD ROM, and a Kingston drive carrier sitting on a milk crate right now. I need a least 6, 5.25" bays for everything.
I was also looking at this case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811125467

I like large cases. Plenty of air flow and easy to work in. All the removable drives allow for plenty of testing/playing.

Bozo :mrgrn:

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
The Chenming case is nice. I have a few of them. They're fairly well insulated and they are easy to work on. With a supermicro SATA enclosure, I would only attach one set of rails - two sets made removing the enclosure REALLY hard. I do wish they had a few more 3.5" bays, and I'm not a big fan of drive rails to begin with.