Deep Freeze

ddrueding

Fixture
Used it. Liked it. It worked as advertised. I couldn't use it in the game center due to incompatability issues with Punkbuster and games that autoupdate at will.

Monica Perez (on their sales staff) was very nice and hooked me up with a broader trial edition.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Mercutio said:
Has anyone tried this program or heard anything about it?

It's popular in libraries/colleges/schools/universities/whatever. I didn't use it personally, but others I worked with waaaay back in 2001 were using it in teaching labs to provide software restorations on every restart. They were very pleased with it.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
We use it at my junior college... worked remarkably well. It had some incompatibility with Norton however so now many machine dont have it activated.

GMac

Learning Storage Performance
i said:
It's popular in libraries/colleges/schools/universities/whatever. I didn't use it personally, but others I worked with waaaay back in 2001 were using it in teaching labs to provide software restorations on every restart. They were very pleased with it.

Yep, the last college I worked at (before my current job) was trialling it when I left - took a little tweaking on setup to get it working as we wanted it to, but once the config was right, it worked pretty well. Cut the number of call outs to remove downloaded junk, spyware etc significantly in the labs where it was tested, but it did have some compatibility issues and it wasn't exactly cheap either (which is why my current employers haven't looked at it :mrgrn: )

GM

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Well, I'm slightly put off by only being able to set partitions or disks as immutable, but I understand why that is. I'm thinking that I'll give this software a go for one of my more troublesome clients ("XXXdialer?!? Boy does that sound like fun!")

This might be absolutely perfect if it understands the disk junction thing I've been working on for the Documents and Settings folder.