Deleting PMs vague

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
When you choose to delete a checked private message, the system will ask you if you are sure but not tell you which one you are deleting. I'd like a little more feedback on which message the system thinks I want to delete.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
CougTek said:
Sorry Cliptin, but we can't do that. The "are you sure?" message is already copyrighted by Microsoft.

The are you sure message is already there. But the message does not reiterate to me which message I'm supposed to be sure about.
Perhaps I did want to delete a message but I checked the wrong box. I would never know until it was too late.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
When the forum software ask you if you are sure that you really want to delete that particular message, answer no and double-check.

Maybe Doug would has a way to display the title of the message to be deleted in the "Are you sure? Really, really sure? I bet you aren't... You are? Ok, fine, but don't blame me if you were wrong... Always sure?" windows.

Handruin

Administrator
Cliptin said:
I would be comfortable if the information from the previous page was presented. Topic,from, date and time.

I agree that the way PM's are handled is a pain. Unfortunately the changes you ask would be difficult, and possibly beyond me current skill level right now. phpBB version 2.0 is currently feature frozen until it is released. At that time the developers will supposedly open up the ideas list for version 2.2. At that time I can post a link here once they make it available so that members can provide feedback. It's hard to say how long that might take, but if people are interested it might be a good idea.

While we wait, if you want to visit the development site, head over to http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB2/index.php and poke around. There are mod sites that incorporate changes to the BBS. I'll look to see if there is a PM enhancement utility. The only problem with mods is that phpBB2 is still in development and mods can be difficult to upgrade with. The little changes I made to the theme at this site had to be remade when we jumped from RC 2.0 to RC 3.0.

For an immediate fix to your problem, all I can recommend is to view the message you want to delete and delete from within the message. This way you know it's the one you want since you selected it.