Do Family Values Weaken Families?

ddrueding

Fixture
Of course? 'Family values' is an assumption. Assumptions weaken communication. Weak communication destroys all relationships.

Sol

Storage is cool
I think "Family values" are more about moral absolutism than actual families so it's not necessarily as related as it may seem. I'd be pretty unsurprised by a correlation here but I'd be quite surprised if "Family values" were actually found to be a causal factor in the breakdown of marriages. I would suggest that the morals issue is just a symptom of something else, which can be a contributing factor in the breakdown of marriages, but I have nothing to back that up. (I'm tempted to say that something else is stupidity, but I'll refrain... Sort of)

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I haven't read the original paper, but something strikes true about the "families form adults" - "adults form families" divide.

Stinker

What is this storage?
It does seem to make some very interesting correlations. Seems to make sense! Sol, I think they meant 'Family Values' in a hardcore Republican sense rather than what real, appropriate, 'Family Values' are.