Do we keep the news?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Handruin

Administrator
I've counted all of our news postings and I see we have in excess of 230 news postings since the start of xoops. My question to everyone is, should we keep this archive when we venture to the new site?

Why do I ask? Because I will have to manually enter each and every one of them. :frusty:

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
230 manual edits? Nope.

I suggest that anyone interested should go through and see if there is anything there that needs to be preserved over the next few days.

Mind you, seeing as Coug has put mighty labours into the news postings, he may take a different view.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
I like the function, but have little use for an archive. The nature of the news data is pretty time-sensitive and loses much of its value within a week or two of being posted.

BTW, I always read the article on the front page itself; I generally don't click the headline for the separate page unless there are comments to read/post.

- Fushigi

CougTek

Serial computer killer
I voted 'no'. IMO, news' reason to exist is to inform other members about interesting developments in the industry. For topics/posts worthy of being archived, the forum is the way to go. Not the front page.

Handruin

Administrator
Despite how it seems like I don't want to move all the news, I was leaning towards cougtek's & Fushigi's answers.

I'm curious to hear from others. So far it seems like the news isn't worth keeping since it is so old.

I kno0w in some cases it's nice to reference news for historical purposes, but since we regurgitate news I don't feel the need to keep everything that is old.

I will have to dig up a bunch of new news for when we move sites.

The links however should be kept imho. Other then verifying that all the links work, I don't see any reason not to keep them.