Dumb spam

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Sort of speaks for itself, this one. It's a screencap from my email program, cropped a bit to save bandwidth.

dumbspam.png

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Wow I'd hate to think of any of these three teaching my kids in school.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Actually, it never occurred to me that anyone would want to mod that post, Bill. I checked before I put it up: no explicit language, no URL, no site name (in fact, I don't even know what the site name is, though I could find out easily enough), no explicit or even mildly suggestive images .... er ... what exactly is wrong with it?

(Apart from the obvious error they have made in their Javescript coding, which I find quite hilarious.)

As a matter of fact, I showed this spam, in its real live glory, not a mere cropped PNG, to my girlfriend's daughter without a moment's worry about the proprietary of it.

She laughed too.

Oh, and I just love that:
Code:
Web cam status: ONLINE
People viewing:  (obvious fake not even done right)

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
OK my mistake. I have undone the edit. My apologies.
Bill

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
It's cool, Bill. :)

Actually I had a bad moment. I mean I wrote to you "I checked that thing for explicit language and stuff before I posted it" and then I suddenly thought "Woops - did I really check it?" On rereading it, yes, it is clean, but it's the sort of spam that you just sort of expect to be full of filth without bothering to read, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I've had maybe ten or twenty copies of it sent to me over the last couple of weeks. Hell, I'm wondering if I can sue my ISP for a refund of my per MB download charges on the grounds that I shouldn't have to pay them for the spam they let through.

How's that trigger finger? Need practice? Want me to post some of the other spam I get?

(Shutup Tea!)

(O.K. Sorry.)

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
BTW, I created a rule on Outlook's Junk Mail to block all domains with .co.kr
Now very few spam pass... damn Koreans, I beat you!

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I dropped .kr, .jp, .tw and a few other Asian TLDs into my mail filters some time ago.

Bill, I absolutely don't see anything wrong with that spam. Of course, I don't see it at all in Mozilla, but looking earlier with IE I didn't see anything particularly objectionable either. Is it just the use of the word "sex"?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Mercutio said:
Is it just the use of the word "sex"?
Well, you know Mercutio, in Bill's time, that word was quite outrageous. You gotta understand the cultural background of our elder.

;-)

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Hey at my age I don't even remember what sex is. No, there is not really anything wrong with it. I should have waited until I had my first cup of coffee. At first I thought it inappropriate, but after considering and taking my Geritol, I realized it was fine. :)

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Jake your Avatar is amazing! Hahaha... and self-explaining of course... :lol: :wink:

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
the first time i've seen a png graphic online !

Seriously?

STR is littered with PNG graphics. Which isn't bad as long as Eugene stops using them for the hard drive photos which don't need to be of such high quality.