EaseUS backup software

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I found this software for making backups. It will restore to dissimilar hardware too. And it's free.
I tested by moving a dual boot Win7/Server 2008 install from a Supermicro C2BC-Q to an Intel D915GEV motherboard.
Works!
Of course there are no drivers for Win 7 on that old board, but it does boot up and is functional.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I just realized that the dual boot menu was copied and works, but the server partition is missing. Damn.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
My classroom PCs are triple-boot. I have to do amazing acrobatics of imaging software to make their image install at all. If I do a step out of order at least one and probably all of the OSes in the image will not boot and I have to re-image. There's a reason that basically nothing officially supports multi-boot configurations.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Meh, whats one missing data partition among friends?

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
The free version does not work on server; which the second partion is.
Maybe I'll try an XP/Win7 dual boot.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I don't know about their backup software, but their partition tool will allow me to sleep tonight. I did not let enough space for my restore partition on two new computers I built today and neither Acronis (by a lot) nor Macrium Reflect (by not much) were able to squeeze a restore image of the installation I did on the tiny (11GB) partition I created for that purpose. With EaseUs' partition tool, I've been able to add 4GB to the restore partition and fit a Macrium Reflect made image on it. Thank you EaseUS.