ECS L7S7A (SiS746) - info wanted.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Since this thread is about an ECS board, maybe I should have directly pm'ed Buck, but anyway...

Anyone has tried this board and is willing to emit comments? I'm more interested in the fact that it's based on SiS' new 746 north bridge than because it's made by Elitegroup. I'm curious to know how the SiS746 compares to the SiS745 and SiS735 in term of performances. The SiS745 was no better than the SiS735. Is it also the case with the new SiS746?

l7s7a_1.jpg

Note the 3 phase voltage regulation circuit. Better than many recent offerings by Asus, Microstar and Soltek, all of which feature only a cheaper dual-phase regulation. Even if this board might not be a speed demon, it must be quite stable nonetheless.

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
Even if this board might not be a speed demon, it must be quite stable nonetheless

ECS? Stable? I've had a bit to drink but what?

(yes I know, some of their boards are stable but the majority are absolute tosh IMO)

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Sorry Coug, I avoid SIS chipsets. To many problems with them in the ATA-33 to ATA-66 transition days. I think my feelings of SIS are similar (althought not as intense) to Tannin's feelings for ECS.