Editing table software

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Before I wander off to troll the shareware/freeware archives, I thought I'd ask here.

I have many thousands of photographs. Mostly I just store them in folders and the auto-generated Nikon file-names keep them in cronological order, which is what I want. But sometimes I want to prepare a presentation of 30 or 300 pictures and need them in a different order. Currently, I have to go through them tediously hand-renaming so that, when I fire up a jpeg viewer (almost invariably PMView Pro) the order is correct.

What I want to be able to do is see thumbnails spread out over the desktop and use the mouse or keyboard to move pictures up or down in the order. Then, when I'm happy, rename them so that the order stays. (Or some kind of attribute setting, such as making false time and date stamps, would do. I have software to auto-rename from there.)

Any suggestions?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I found this thread when doing a simple search on the subject in the forum. There were several suggestions for applications that enable to display thumbnails and galleries. It might help you to find something you like.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
BreezeBrowser is an inexpensive, yet versatile application that also converts the RAW files. I don't know which camera you have, but it supports most of the RAW/NEF formats as well as the usual TIF, jpeg, etc. DL the trial version and check it out.