Electric Cars

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
The Wrangler just got a new engine/transmission that actually looks decent. The high-end configurations look relatively comfortable as well.

Yeah, the new stretch version might be on the list. I want a vehicle that has high clearance and can handle poorly or non-maintained dirt roads, but is reasonably comfortable on the highway. I've rented the smaller Wranglers before and the ride and noise were awful at the interstate speeds (75+ mph) where it would be driven.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
The US is so large and many areas are sparsely populated, so I really don't see any miracle of inexpensive mass electrification. I think the rail system will only get worse.

ddrueding

Fixture
Serves them right. Next time they can actually try to meet the expectations I hold them at least partially responsible for creating. I mean, I know Americans are dumb, but making just another hybrid and calling it the "Volt" is not they way to impress people.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Some folks in "The Mentlist" tv show seem to use it. Maybe they got it free so GM could get free publicity.

That new Ford hybrid is supposed to one up the Prius. Read some news about it, I think on news.com.

fb

Storage is cool
The Volt/Opel Ampera in Europe was exciting when it entered the market. It was important to get rid of the range anxiety, but now it's more or less played out it's roll. The V60 Plug-in Hybrid with the diesel engine looks interesting for example.

Striker

Learning Storage Performance
It's called product placement mubs. Companies pay the production crew to have their products on the show.

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
The volt's major problem is garage anxiety. The fact that I don't have one is why I didn't consider it when leasing. That and I don't lease anything over $250/month.