FatPipe

ddrueding

Fixture
I've just ordered a FatPipe for the office. Based on the demos I received, it should be pretty amazing (better be for $13k). It will be merging a pair of T-1s and a 5/5 wireless connection.

Does anyone have experience with these things?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
You're basically paying the money to have someone to blame when it stops managing that traffic, I think.

I was involved in a commercial-grade web service setup many moons ago that used a few of them, but they arrived pre-set in whatever configuration they were supposed to have. They are appliances, probably just some small custom Linux or BSD system in a funny looking case. I just plugged stuff in to them and magic happened.

Which, admittedly, is probably exactly what you want.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Like a NAS server, nothing that you couldn't do for less... if you want to put the time into it.

ddrueding

Fixture
I was looking at the various Linux/BSD-as-firewall appliance things, and none of them did all the stuff this does. I could have set up a machine myself with IPTables up the wazoo and BIND and the rest, but since I don't know how to do that, I would be hiring someone to do it. And then I have a system without a spiffy GUI (it is pretty) and without support. Considering how important this functionality is, this seemed the way to go.

ddrueding

Fixture
I was looking at the various Linux/BSD-as-firewall appliance things, and none of them did all the stuff this does. I could have set up a machine myself with IPTables up the wazoo and BIND and the rest, but since I don't know how to do that, I would be hiring someone to do it. And then I have a system without a spiffy GUI (it is pretty) and without support. Considering how important this functionality is, this seemed the way to go.