File compression utilities

Handruin

Administrator
CougTek said:
Nevermind. It's just me not yet used to the new front page news system.

Thanks cougtek, I was slow at getting to his news.

Groltz, did you have any problems submitting the news? Was there any oddities with the system? I haven't heard any other feedback on it so I'm curious if it is working ok.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Handruin said:
Groltz, did you have any problems submitting the news?

Nope

Handruin said:
Was there any oddities with the system?

There were some annoyances:

There was no way to preview the news posting, so I couldn't check if my link tags were good, etc. That is not good.

The news system felt obliged to send an E-mail (not a PM) to me just to say thanks for submitting an item. I don't any more junk in my inbox than I am already getting. :roll:

Handruin

Administrator
Groltz said:
Handruin said:
Groltz, did you have any problems submitting the news?

Nope

Handruin said:
Was there any oddities with the system?

There were some annoyances:

There was no way to preview the news posting, so I couldn't check if my link tags were good, etc. That is not good.

The news system felt obliged to send an E-mail (not a PM) to me just to say thanks for submitting an item. I don't any more junk in my inbox than I am already getting. :roll:

Thanks for the feedback, I will remove the confirmation e-mail and I will also tried to create a preview function for the news. The link tags were not correct, but the fault is not yours, it is mine. I did not provide any guidlines on proper link inclusion for news since this is a new system.

I will add your suggestions into the current system to improve it, thanks for the feedback.