Firefox v1.0.5

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Anyone else up grade and notice some buggy behaviour? (i.e it stops responding and simultaneously is coupled with rendering weirdness ...ie. once it seems to freeze up, if you subsequently try click a tab or other items little tiny boxes appear)

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I've gone and upgraded all of my home machines, no problem.
My ex-, however, started getting "Firefox has performed an illegal operation" at random intervals since upgrading.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Mercutio said:
My ex-, however, started getting "Firefox has performed an illegal operation" at random intervals since upgrading.
Merc, ask her what jre version she has running. Back in the good old days of Firefox v1.0.4 I found that Sun's v1.5.0.03 to often yeild the same errors. Once I updated to the more recent v1.5.0.04 jre, all those errors disappeared.

As for the current suspicious behaviour I'm observing - haven't seen any freeze + rendering defects today, however I did get two semi browser freezes which each required a manual process kill (I could continue to still scroll up and down the active tab, but any attempt to open an embedded link within the page or click on any other open tab or clicking any of the navigation buttons or accessing the menu commands etc etc etc was dead to the world). No java envolved in either case.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
I just had a look at Mozillazine forums, and it appears I'm not the only one noticing this. The Mozillazine homepage also notes that 1.0.6 will likely be out next week.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I've had major issues with Mozilla, Java, and the USPS website (of all things). This has been going on for some time.

The USPS label printng website uses a Java applet to display and print the labels. Every once in a while, the applet will cause Mozilla to freeze. Upgrading to the latest version of Java always fixes the issue. And there's always a newer version of Java to which to upgrade when this occurs. Suspicious, in my opinion.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
mubs said:
Can I just install on top of 1.04?

I did exactly that.

Just needed to go into about:config and turn "extensions.disabledObsolete" to false to get the extensions working again.

It's working flawlessly so far.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
I just installed it (and Thunderbird) over top the old one. Didn't bother with extentions etc. Everything seems to be working fine.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
How about Thunderbird? Is it going to get any enhancements, or remain a half-assed product forever?

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
What needs doing to Thunderbird? Whatever it is, I haven't misssed it yet. Mind you, I have very basic email requirements: apart from junk filtering (which TB does very well) and multiple accounts (which TB also does very well) there isn't much I could think of to add.

(I'm sort of afraid to ask this question, because then I maybe won't be satisfied with what I already have anymore!)

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
It does everything I want as well. Of course, at home I'm as likely to use text based elm as anthing else...