Firefox

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
New versions of Firefox and Mozilla are out with security fixes. :D

Must be a clean install though :(

Bozo :mrgrn:

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I uninstalled the old version and installed the new version. All my settings were still there. Guess it doesn't really 'uninstall'.

Bozo :mrgrn:

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Yes, it did.

The uninstaller doesn't dump profiles or extensions.

Uninstall/reinstall is a standard request from FF developers, and I think in this case, since tha majority of the fixes were security related, that it might be a good idea anyway; for all we know some old setting in an unused configuration file might be one of the security problems that was fixed.

Jan Kivar

Learning Storage Performance
In my work computer I had both 0.9.1 and 0.9.2 installed according to Add/Remove Programs. I uninstalled 0.9.1, reinstalled 0.9.2 in order to remove it properly, and then installed 0.9.3. Seems that everything went smoothly, even all extensions seem to work... I made a backup of the user profile (Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Mozilla) just in case.

Cheers,

Jan

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Just thought I'd drop a link to some unofficial builds--optimised for various platforms. The official builds carry no platform specific optimisations.

These builds are slightly larger in size, but the speed seems better.

I have tried out the P4 (SSE2), P!!! and the Athlon versions.

Note. THe builds will work on platforms other than the intended, just not as fast.

G7 in the string means optimised for Athlon/P4
G6 is for PII or P!!!.

SSE means P!!!, Athlon, Athlon XP, P4

SSE2 is Athlon XP/P4

http://pryan.org/mozilla/firefox/djeter/