Flow charting

Craiglc1

What is this storage?
Anyone know of a good basic flow chart program thats free? Or perhaps one of you guys has a recent copy of Visio you might not be using and would be willing to sell reasonably? For my business I am starting to put together workflows and such and power point just doesn't cut it. :evil:

Handruin

Administrator
There is Open Office Draw, but it isn't as nice as Visio IMHO.

Another tool is called SmartDraw, but it isn't free. I've heard positive things about it, but I haven't used it extensivly...I tried the demo a couple years ago and thought it was decent.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I happen to think that Visio is one of the best things Microsoft makes, but I know there's a program called "Dia" that is available for Windows and Linux that can be used for many of the same tasks; I've done network diagrams with it.

Craiglc1

What is this storage?
ddrueding said:
Doesn't OpenOffice have something that does that?

Okay so dont show me the door....but... in looking at that it looks like open office is someones pet project to fight microsoft? Anyway to just get draw or is it simply part of it? It looks like its just a suite.

As for the other options i will check them out. Thanks

Craiglc1

What is this storage?
Mercutio said:
I happen to think that Visio is one of the best things Microsoft makes, but I know there's a program called "Dia" that is available for Windows and Linux that can be used for many of the same tasks; I've done network diagrams with it.

Ummm yeah, so as usual Merc comes through. For my needs Dia rocks! Its no Visio but for basic flow charting it does the deal and its free. Tanks Merc! Hats off to you!

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Microsoft bought essentially everything they sell. Microsoft bought Word, Outlook, Exchange, Visual Basic, Internet Explorer, MS Antispyware, Defender, Frontpage, DOS and Foxpro.

The list of tools developed in-house is a lot smaller: Excel, about half of Windows (the parts that didn't come from OS/2 or BSD, at least), MS-Bob, Schedule+ and and IIRC Access.

paugie

Storage is cool
Microsoft bought essentially everything they sell. Microsoft bought Word, Outlook, Exchange, Visual Basic, Internet Explorer, MS Antispyware, Defender, Frontpage, DOS and Foxpro.

The list of tools developed in-house is a lot smaller: Excel...

Augggghhhhh! Is this true? (this makes me look so unaware and living under a rock, but so be it)