Food and water proof keyboard?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Hi
Does anyone have a food, or waterproof keyboard they use and like?

Thanks

GS

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
We used the molded plastic covers in the work environment. They did not last forever or protect keyboards from a deluge, but they were good enough.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I am typing this on a Kensington one, Greg. It works very well, except for the annoying stupidity of putting the backslash key in the wrong place. I just put up with that, 'cause otherwise it's nice: good feel, robust, and white, which is ergonomically superior. Oh, and (backslash aside) no stupid key reassignments or missing important keys (compare with many Microsoft keyboards).

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au

We have known for many decades - and demonstrated over and over again with empirical research - that for reflective objects (that's nearly everything in the real world) black text on a white background is clearer, easier on the eye, better for your health (less eyestrain), and aids productivity.

The evidence is almost equally clear that - as you'd expect if you thought about it for a while - the reverse applies to transmissive objects; notably, computer screens. It is no accident that all the old-time software packages- the ones that were designed by real engineers and scientists, not this modern crap that is written by semi-literate script kiddies to designs issued by the advertising department - paid homage to this rule.

Oh, and g'day mate. :)

OPPS! Nearly forgot: yes Greg, that looks like the one. A bit too light and lacking in feel, but not bad keyboards. At the price, excellent. Shame about the non-standard backslash key.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
... black text on a white background is clearer, easier on the eye, better for your health (less eyestrain), and aids productivity.

Oh, and g'day mate. :)

Where are my manners, g'day!

I suppose as far as 2nd best options go black on white is a reasonable one! Not looking at the keyboard is decidedly more ergonomic.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I type 70 words a minute. You don't do that looking at the keyboard.
However, that said, when it's dark, I do have to find the keyboard before I type on it;-)

I do a lot of work where I'm sitting in my room, lights off, watching a movie, and working on something else.

On the otherhand, the one time I wish I could see the keys better is when I try my lame excuse for gaming, and can't see the keys...

Haven't had a white keyboard in ages, and, being able to get the crumbs out of the keyboard would be a great plus.

Wish I had a picture this morning. I have two keyboards, one for the server and one for the beast, the server is on an under desk slide out setup.
I'm using the server this morning, and, my cat wanted to be fed first. So, she jumps up, walks to the monitor, takes a paw swipe at that, then turns around, and
does a cat lay down, sphinx style, with her face about a foot from mine, and her body on the beasts' keyboard, looking at me, with that,
"You idiot, feed me first!"
look...