Free email clients

time

Storage? I am Storage!
I've been hunting around for a cheap or free email client, and wondered if anyone had tried one of these:

InScribe/i.Scribe - It's regularly updated and is becoming increasingly competent. It's also available for Linux.

FoxMail - Chinese, but seems surprisingly good. This is the best all-rounder I've found amongst the twenty or so I looked at. I suspect it runs IE for the HTML rendering though.

I specifically want a client that can display HTML emails. As it happens, these two also allow you to view the message with your browser, which is a plus (a fighting chance of being able to print the damn thing).

This site has up-to-date reviews of a good selection of clients.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
For anyone looking for an alternative to Thunderbird and other free email clients, Foxmail 5.0 is available. It's a good thing, but there may not be any IMAP support - if this is important to you.

It does include the ability to browse and delete headers directly on a POP server (invaluable for dialup). I can't seem to find any configuration or plugin for Thunderbird to do this. Can anyone enlighten me?

AFAIK, Foxmail still uses IE to render HTML email. However, it can extract the text and just display that in both preview and message view, with a button to toggle HTML rendering on demand. You also have the option of rendering the HTML in a different browser.