Free Virus scanner anyone?

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Another vote for Housecall. Or, if you want an almost-free one: PC-cillan OEM, which comes from the same people. You get it free with motherboards (depending on the brand), you install it, you register it, and it downloads updates as soon as they become available. "Great" you say.

Then, one day it pops up a message saying your time has run out and now you have to pay. "Bastards!" you say, "what did you give me, a lousy two months?" Yup. You only get two months. "What ridiculous amount of money do they want to extract from me?" you ask yourself.

Oh. US$7. For a whole year. Ha! That's ... er ... 59 cents a month. In my book, that's a bargain. And it's a pile better than Nortons. Just remember to switch that "POP trap" crap off, as it saps performance and is buggy. You only need POP trap if you are stupid enough to be running Outlook.

(And no: I won't apologise for calling Outlook users stupid. That's just the way it is. Deal with it.)

cquinn

What is this storage?
Another online scan that has be recommended to me before:
Panda Antivirus

http://www.pandasoftware.es/activescan/activescan-com.asp

I switched to it after housecall decided one day that it did not want to
work on my system anymore. Otherwise I have AVG running on the
other system.

I also used to grab the F-Prot DOS scanner to make emergency disks
from; but they don't seem to update as often.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Another Housecall user...

I use it everytime I go into areas I don't know, or, I get some weird email on another one of my email accounts that I have to access from a PC.

I've pretty much decided all my email stuff is going to be downloaded onto my mac.

It seems to be well vacinated, and never seems to get any virus'.
s
:aok:

e_dawg

Storage Freak
Tea said:
You only need POP trap if you are stupid enough to be running Outlook.

(And no: I won't apologise for calling Outlook users stupid. That's just the way it is. Deal with it.)

Deal with it, you say... hmm, I don't think Tannin would be too pleased if I strangled his furry friend.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Jake the Dog said:
i for one, am offended by Tea's comment.

Consider the source. This little girl makes a habit of insulting humans twice her size. Humans that can hold things in one hand. Like edged weapons. Orangutan hand-to-hand combat is pretty limited.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I have very long arms. Oh, and upper body strength only marginally less than that of a gorilla. Also, I am very good at climbing things. On the other hand, I am not too keen on this edged weapon thingy. My stepmother has a gilt-edged dinner set with blue willows on it. Is ot sort of like that?

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Tea said:
I have very long arms. Oh, and upper body strength only marginally less than that of a gorilla. Also, I am very good at climbing things. On the other hand, I am not too keen on this edged weapon thingy. My stepmother has a gilt-edged dinner set with blue willows on it. Is ot sort of like that?

Let's put it this way, with proper application edged weapons would reduce your very long arms to nubs and upper body strength without leverage is inconsequetial. Please stop annoying the humans. You would look awfully funny typing with your feet.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Cliptin said:
Let's put it this way, with proper application edged weapons would reduce your very long arms to nubs and upper body strength without leverage is inconsequetial. Please stop annoying the humans. You would look awfully funny typing with your feet.

Hmm. How do you know Tea doesn't type with her feet already? :mrgrn:

- Fushigi